Part time Finance Manager
An award winning architecture practice is looking for a Finance Manager to join their friendly and busy studio in Central London.You will deliver a strategic input across the business and play an active role in managing the company’s finances, as well as offering commercial insight for future projects.
- Fees - Work with senior staff on tenders, fee proposals and bids to ensure that the pricing of work is accurate and in line with charge-out rates.
- Planning and budgeting - Maintain and update financial reports including cash flow and forecasting.
- Project records - Oversee project financial records and resourcing schedule, ensuring programmes and labour is aligned with forecast budgets Contracts: manage administration of all appointments until signed, ensure accounting of projects is in line with contractual requirements.
- Financial reporting and analysis of results - Fortnightly to senior management; cashflow and forecasting. Present quarterly financial review to senior management including budget status report, bid summary analysis and turnover analysis. Prepare quarterly management accounts inhouse/ or with external Accountant. Manage preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Financial planning - Annual operating plan, quarterly financial forecasting, setting and producing yearly budgets/forecasts and review of risk, mitigation and opportunities. Business analysis and input into business plan.
- Financial control - Anticipate any financial issues or concerns and be proactive in proposing solutions Review, propose and implement ongoing improvements to financial processes. Line manage the financial administrator, oversee bookkeeping and payroll processes. Work with Finance Manager based in Rotterdam office to align financial management systems across both companies. Input to annual PI insurance renewal, and industry wide surveys
Skills and Experience
- A recognised accounting qualification
- 3 years’ experience of working in a small to medium sized business in a similar capacity
- Previous experience of working in an architecture practice or similar would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of delivering to deadlines
- Knowledge of Sage and Rapport software would be advantageous
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Experience of creating and delivering presentations
This is a great opportunity to take on a key role in the strategic direction of the business and make the role your own.