Associate Urban Designer
3 days left
- Full Time
As one of the UK's leading landscape architecture, environmental planning and urban design practices - this firm delivers distinctive and beautiful places where people want to live, work and play. This practice is now seeking to enlist a new Associate Urban Designer to join the London office.
The Urban Design team has a strong focus on multidisciplinary practices and undertakes a variety of projects internationally and nationally, from new cities to public realm. They think strategically in the context of international city making trends, and employ our design skills towards creation of people oriented places.
They are currently looking to underpin their expansion with an addition of an Associate Urban Designer to help manage a growing team, deliver current projects and assist in bringing in new work. They require you to work with a range of disciplines, in different cultural contexts. They are passionate about urban design, master-planning and city making and love the wonderful complexity of design challenges it presents. You will be required to be at ease with all elements of master-planning - from collaboration with socio-economic consultants, through to delivering detailed master-plans and design codes.
Key aspects of the role:
- Take lead in assigned urban design related and multi-disciplinary projects covering urban regeneration projects, development master plans, new cities, regional plans and urban strategies
- Assist in winning business for the Urban Design Team and broadening the client base.
- Prepare project budgets, monitor costs and deliver projects within set budget
- Liaise with clients and community stakeholders
- Propose design led options/solutions to problems
- Produce high quality bids and successful tender presentations
The ideal candidate qualities:
- Self-starter - able to work independently
- Willing to take risks
- Independent proposal writing
- Confidence to take lead on projects independently and undertake design meetings
- Project management, including consultant team management and some client management
- Ability to design independently and understand full complexities of urban design, e.g. transport, economics and design codes.
- Team leader - organise the work of junior team members and lead projects internally
- Ability to present and report clearly
- Presence and authority
- Ability to manage programs, contracts and deliverable's
- Awareness of contemporary urban discourse, with ability to apply it to projects, as appropriate
- Ability to negotiate all scales: from regional plans to interface with built form and landscape
- Experience on UK projects would be an advantage
Qualifications and skills required:
- Urban design qualification
- Background in a relevant subject, e.g. town planning or architecture.
- Excellent design skills
- 5 + years of experience in the urban design field
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
Get in touch with Rommel at ADREM or send your CV + Portfolio to be considered for the role.
Apply for Associate Urban Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly