Senior Residential Interior Designer
An outstanding South West London based High-end Residential Developer are looking for a Senior Residential Interior Designer to join their industry leading design team. Working both nationally and internationally, their portfolio of projects includes London apartments, grand townhouses, listed country houses, as well as palaces, chalets and super yachts. Their designs enhance the inherent character of the architecture and location, sympathetically blending the new with the original.
Key day-to-day tasks of the Senior Residential Interior Designer include:
- The Senior Designer will demonstrate creative and technical skills under the guidance of the Creative Director.
- The Designer will generate accurate, technical and creative design solutions while ensuring all projects are on brand, on budget and meets with client expectations both in terms of design and quality.
- Client Interface - including taking the initial brief, Client Concept Presentations, Client Liaison and Post-completion Care
- Represents the Company at trade events
- Build company contacts (resource library, supplier portfolio, etc)
- Gather info from initial Client Interview
- Concept creation (concept powerpoint presentation)
- Client presentation - concept (gains client approval, gathers client feedback and applies feedback to project)
- Scheme creation (powerpoint presentation & fully-fledged, detailed material boards)
- Manage creation of layouts, elevations, 3D sketches and CGIs for client presentation
- Directs sourcing of FF&E
- Create original Joinery sketches
- Generate and Review Quotations from suppliers, decides on most appropriate suppliers for given project
- Review Client Estimate, ensuring project is on budget
- Client presentation - scheme (gains client approval, gathers client feedback and applies feedback to project)
- Liaise with suppliers regarding design direction - lighting, drapery, upholstery, case goods, wall covering, flooring, etc
- Generate POs
- Manage invoicing
- Manage project budgets, accounts, supplier relations, project deadlines, contractor relations;
- Manage project installation
- Manage project photo shoot, including accessorising and planning angles, views and retouching
- Carry out client walk-through during project hand-over
- Addresses any snagging issues
Key attributes of the Senior Residential Interior Designer include:
- Degree level or equivalent generally required
- 6-8 years industry experience
- Team player - someone who will work and support colleagues
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and invoicing processes, project budgeting and programme management
- Good project management skills with the ability to manage deadlines and deal with multiple tasks
- Project conceptualisation, development, management, delivery and after-care
- Full proficiency in Auto CAD; Adobe Photoshop; InDesign; SketchUp and with knowledge of Vectorworks desired but not essential.
- Strong presentation skills with an eye for detail and a flair and passion for design
- Strong conceptual design ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to get along with a diverse group of creative, technical and administrative professionals
- Intuitive ability e.g. someone who can read a situation or a person really well
- Quick laterally and forward thinking
- A self-starter who is a passionate team player and happy to roll up their sleeves
- Eye for detail and able to think out of the box to solve design and technical challenges
- Understanding of FF&E element of design work
- Excellent English with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage others and delegate, but capable of working as part of wider team with the ability to deal with conflict resolution - calm under pressure and measured with responses when 'on the spot'
- Willing to continuously develop skills, knowledge and behaviour to improve level of performance and creativity
If you are interested in finding out more about this Senior Residential Interior Designer role then please get in touch with Deborah D'Silva or apply online.
Please ensure you send both your CV & portfolio when applying for this job.
Apply for Senior Residential Interior Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly