Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of Ground Engineering solutions across a diverse range of projects throughout the UK. Due to an increased workload, a fantastic opportunity has been created for a skilled and experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join the team in Kent.
Requirements of the Senior Geotechnical Engineer:
* A sound understanding of Geotechnical engineering and assessment.
* Experience in managing, undertaking and supervising intrusive site investigations using a variety of techniques (shell and auger, windowless sampling, trial pits etc).
* Ability to log soils and manage sub-contractors.
* Ability to undertake preliminary foundation design, slope stability assessment, earthworks specifications and retaining wall design.
* An understanding of contaminated land and the assessment of contamination in soil and groundwater.
* First-class degree in either Geology, Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering and preferably a post-graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering or a related discipline.
Responsibilities of the Senior Geotechnical Engineer:
* Site investigation and supervision of site works
* Factual and interpretive report writing
* Project management and supervision
The successful applicant will report to the Technical Director of Environment and will be required to promote, develop and grow the business and increase our profile in the marketplace. Excellent management skills will also be necessary as the successful applicant will be required to oversee the work of a small team of junior engineers.
This is an excellent opportunity with competitive benefits included, so do get in touch with Darryl Yates today.
Apply for Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly