An Office Manager is required for an architectural and interior design studio based in the heart of Clerkenwell. The Office Managers role will be to ensure the smooth and efficient running of all aspects of the office. The ideal candidate will be proactive, with an understanding of architecture and a grasp of what’s involved with the delivery of a project.
• Manage day to day running of office, including keeping it clean, tidy, organised and efficient, as well as making it welcoming for guests and the team.
• To understand and uphold company ethos document and to keep this at the forefront of decision-making.
• Manage office supplies to ensure continuous running of office facilities
• To deal rapidly with any issues with office facilities, including building management issues and equipment failure and to keep staff informed of any issues.
• Answer the phone and take messages whilst building rapport with clients and consultants.
• Maintain office software licences (Vectorworks, Abode, Sketch-up, Microsoft) to ensure all staff can work effectively and have the software provisions they require to do their job.
• To be aware at all times of any meetings being held in the office and to ensure there are adequate supplies within the office to provide refreshments, internet connectivity, audio-visual provision etc.
• Provide a friendly, professional and confident first point of contact for clients.
• Ensuring visitors to the office are welcomed and have a pleasant experience. • To manage the collection and sending of post and parcels.
• Check staff timesheet submissions on a weekly basis and chase outstanding timesheets.
• Keep a record of staff leave (holiday, sick etc.).
• Ensure that new members of staff are inducted properly and helped to settle in.
• To work closely with the 3 directors, providing support where required, including diary management, admin tasks and general PA duties.
• Provide admin support for various company projects.
• Organisation of office and admin tasks, support teams in organising and managing work flow.
• To organise and co-ordinate staff events, when instructed by Director’s. • Help establish a robust approach to our office procedures.
• To co-ordinate regular (at least one per month) CPD’s to support professional development of all staff.
• Support the Commercial Manager as appropriate and reasonable in fulfilling their tasks; website maintenance, social media, HR, PR and Marketing etc.
Skills and Experience
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and be perceptive to activities going on around the office.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Extremely organised and efficient
• Good time management skills
• Friendly, positive and enthusiastic
• Able to multi-task • Knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Experience of working with macs, including systems and how they work in order to provide basic IT support.