Development Project Manager
Our client, a leading privately owned investment and property management company has a new and exciting opportunity for a Development Project Manager to join their team. This is a new post for our client and is the result of ongoing growth and development.
The purpose of the position is to assist the professional team in London working on opportunities that have been identified within the estate where space is underutilised. This space is then being re-developed into residential units, from one to 20 units. Projects typically range in value up to £5m.
- In conjunction with the Asset managers, Identification of potential residential development opportunities in the existing estate, including conversion of offices, rooftop extensions and free-standing new builds on brown field sites.
- Initial feasibility and concept.
- Appointment and management of professional consultants
- Specifications, tender preparation and standardised building contract preparation.
- Project management of mostly small scale residential developments and enhancements from 1 to 20 units.
- Principal Designer role where appropriate
- Cost control
- Contract Administration
- Client representative role
- Preparation of CAD plans/elevations/sections and details is desirable
- All other activities associated with the complete delivery of residential living spaces on time and to budget.
- An enjoyment of all things associated with creating new living spaces
- An ability to adapt to a role that requires creative thinking and a pragmatic approach in all locations across the UK.
- Not bound by the limitations of their formal qualifications and happy to personally develop into all areas of property development.
- A solid understanding of UK building regulations and construction process
- Willingness to travel across the UK by car, occasionally staying nights away from home.
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team, with good communication skills.
- Flexible approach and results driven.
Qualifications and Experience.
The successful candidate will probably be:-
A qualified residential architect, who has had on-site construction involvement or is interested in expanding their work experience to a full developer role.
A development project manager with a relevant building related qualification, a creative/interior design interest and experience in residential.
A qualified building surveyor with a creative/interior design interest and experience in new- build residential.