Secretary / Document Controller
About this role
Project Secretary/Document Controller required for a 2 month FTC at an east London architectural practice. Working closely with the architectural teams, you will be responsible for all secretarial and administration support ensuring records are correctly maintained and projects are run smoothly as well as general administrative office duties to support the Office Manager, Bid Manager and Graphics & Marketing Manager.
– Setting up and maintaining project files – Receiving and logging of incoming and outgoing information – Uploading and downloading of drawings and information to externally hosted sites – Manage and co-ordinate drawing issue process including issue sheets and drawing registers – Maintain and update job records within management information system including contact directories – Electronic formatting and filing of site photos – Project filing and archiving – Logging and managing samples – Preparation of specifications, schedules and defects lists – Preparation of certificates – Production of stage reports in In-Design – Attend and minute weekly project team meetings – Typing correspondence and minutes – Document production – photocopying, scanning, binding – Posting and e-mailing documents as directed – Receive, print and file project emails (in both paper and electronic format) in line with practice protocol – Research as directed by Project Architects
General administrative and secretarial duties – Diary management – Voicemail messages, email out of office responses for team – Preparing refreshments for meetings – Reception cover as required – Booking couriers as required – Fielding calls – Making travel arrangements as required – Organising print requirements – Archiving
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable understanding of the creative design process through all work stages
- Previous experience of working in an architecture practice or similar would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of delivering to deadlines
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Experience of creating and delivering presentations
- Technical production skills are necessary and require a demonstrated ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite.