Job / Vacancy / Architect / Glasgow / Scotland
Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by a local Glasgow based Architectural practice. This studio is very proud of the buildings they produce, and the people that work for them. The majority of what they have been working on recently has been university and residential developments.
Based in the city centre, they are ideally located to numerous local amenities
Your new role
This is a role for an all rounder who enjoys: sketching, coming up with design solutions, presentation drawings, rendering, working on sketchUp, doing a lot of your technical work, construction drawings etc. You will run with your own project from inception to completion and be expected to be comfortable at all stages of the RIBA plan of works. A lot of the work initially will be to deliver an existing project, simply due to what stage the projects are at internally.
Most of the work will be within the university and residential sector.
Therefore a passion and an understanding of these sectors is crucial.
You will have the opportunity to not only manage younger staff, but also your own projects. This give you a great opportunity to show what you are capable of from day one. This will in turn offer the chance to further develop your client facing skills, as you move into a more senior role within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be a qualified Architect.
- The ability to carry out the full range of professional services of a qualified Architect
- The ability to design / sketch / render / present / detail and deliver projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is essential.
- Be proactive in your work, and have the energy and desire to succeed.
- Take a hands on approach with not only your projects, but with younger members of staff.
- Be willing to get involved in the decision making process within the practice.
- Have the drive to push out high quality work.
- Have client facing experience, or the character to suit that kind of role.
What you'll get in return
This is an immediate requirement and an appointment could be made relatively quickly for the right individual. This would be a great opportunity for an Architect in a larger practice, who was looking to join a smaller firm, and become a more integral member of a team, where you would get greater responsibility on projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.