Architect / Vacancy / Glasgow / ARB / RIAS / RIBA
Hays have been retained by a new client to appoint a Project Architect to their studio.
This practice have a distinct focus on design and providing a high level of service to their clients. This is something that they will be looking for from prospective candidates.
This studio is very proud of the staff in the office, and what they have achieved over the last few years, and are excited that they can look to make an addition to what already is a very strong team.
This is a role for an all rounder who enjoys: sketching, coming up with design solutions, presentation drawings, rendering, working on sketchUp, doing a lot of your technical work, construction drawings etc. You will run with your own project from inception to completion and be expected to be comfortable at all stages of the RIBA plan of works. A lot of the work initially will be to deliver an existing project, simply due to what stage the projects are at internally.
Most of the work will be privately funded projects. Ranging from distilleries to commercial offices.
They really after someone with true design flair.
You will have the opportunity to not only manage younger staff, but also your own projects. This give you a great opportunity to show what you are capable of from day one. This will in turn offer the chance to further develop your client facing skills, as you move into a more senior role within the business.
- Must be a qualified Architect.
- Have the ability to carry out the full range of professional services of a qualified Architect
- Have the ability to design / sketch / render / present / detail and deliver projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential, and Revit would be an advantage.
- Be proactive in your work, and have the energy and desire to succeed.
- Take a hands on approach with not only your projects, but with younger members of staff.
- Be willing to get involved in the decision making process within the practice.
- Have the drive to push out high quality work.
- Have client facing experience, or the character to suit that kind of role.
If you are interested in this position you can contact me on 0141 212 3660 or