BIM/CAD Manager for Leading Landscape Practice (Revit)
Farrer Huxley Associates is a practice of landscape architects established in 1995, founded upon the belief that landscape makes an essential contribution to sociable and sustainable communities.
The role will be to develop and lead the BIM operation team on a range of UK based projects and implement a fully tailored BIM offer. In addition responsibilities would include training colleagues in the use of Revit for design and co- ordination through all stages of the project process.
The successful candidate will need to have a track record of using, providing and managing a BIM service to external customers and a working knowledge of BS 1192, PAS 1192-2 and other BIM standards. It will be essential that you have also worked on live projects to BIM Level 2 and that you are a proficient user in Revit.
Key objectives of the role:
* Set-up the BIM Execution Plans and Implement project specific standards
* Carry out model validation checks, coordination reviews and liaise with model managers for resolutions.
* Facilitate delivery of federated 3D model, hosted and linked BIM data.
* Ensure that data exchange protocols are adhered to by the project team and liaise with design team manager on compliance issues.
* Assist the BIM Lead with the training and development of both the BIM/CAD team and advise on training to improve the BIM design offering and staff skills.
* Sense check EIR's and BIM goals
FHA has a BIM/CAD manual in place but the candidate’s role will also include the management and development of the Standards in the practice; this will help to identify and implement company procedures and processes and to keep the Standards up to date to make sure that all employees are following the correct procedures.
In addition the role will cover:
- Organise training and skill development for the team members;
- Set up monthly Training CPDs to train team on ‘tricks and tools’ and Standards;
- Responsible for assisting the team on day-to-day working issues and queries;
- Accountable for set up of new workstations and keep them current with updates;
- Test software upgrade releases and new software to make sure the company infrastructure is ready for the roll out of new versions and new software that impacts on the quality of deliverables and productivity;
- Manage software licenses on each machine;
- Responsible for Revit/CAD Settings on each machine to ensure current templates are available on all machines, including layout templates, layers, line types, hatches and plot styles;
- Responsible for advising the Directors on the IT / Software budget;
- Career opportunity to grow and develop within the practice
- Competitive salary, pension and 25 days holiday