Conrad Consulting are excited to be working with an award-winning Architectural practice based on the outskirts of Basingstoke, Hampshire. This progressive, creative and pragmatic architectural studio have a breadth of experience across many sectors and building types.
Due to growth they are looking to expand their skilled team by adding a talented Architect on a permanent basis. The successful Architect will be managing medium-size residential & educational projects as well as various different smaller scale projects.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Architect, with a minimum of 3-5 years post Part III experience, ideally with exposure to Residential and Educational projects.
You will have an understanding of processes at all RIBA work stages. A willingness to work as a team player is essential along with a broad knowledge and understanding of UK Building Systems & Regulations.
- Management of medium sized projects with Director supervision; management of numerous small projects
- Understand the design project, particularly focusing on our current residential schemes
- Prepare and develop drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
- Assist in the co-ordination of the internal design team
- Take responsibility as the team leader for specific areas of the design and project development
- Liaise with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with ACG procedures and standards
- Carrying out work in accordance with the ARB Code of Practice
- Involvement in business development activities (networking, attending professional events, representing practice etc); able to recognise and respond to potential opportunities, informing directors as appropriate.
- Winning, leading and overseeing multiple projects; supervising and tutoring junior staff
- Producing detailed drawings
- Working with the Project Director to set out budget and costs
- Working with the Project Director to set out project specific criteria for success, including deadlines and resources
- Contributing to setting and articulating design philosophy and practice values
- Planning and delivering client presentations
- Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and consultants, authorities etc.
- Project management and helping to coordinate information
- Continually developing professional skill set and knowledge to ensure competence for projects
- Documenting own work conscientiously
- At least 3-5-years' post RIBA Part III experience
- Residential and/or educational design experience
- Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project, with good working knowledge of CAD systems
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members
- Flexible attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly presentable and professional manner
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook and Excel 2015)
- Sociable, outgoing character with a good work ethic
- Able to react to a fast-paced environment, good time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to assist in the management of architectural assistants on the team
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks, Sketchup, and InDesign is desirable. If you don't have experience with these software, a willingness to learn is essential.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package (including private health care and ARB fees) would be on offer to the successful applicant, likely to be in the range of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Please forward your CV and portfolio through to Joey Waller at Conrad Consulting or contact Joey on 01728 726 140 for further information.