Conrad Consulting are excited to be working with an award-winning Architectural practice based on the outskirts of Basingstoke, Hampshire. This progressive, creative and pragmatic architectural studio have a breadth of experience across many sectors and building types.
Due to growth they are looking to expand their skilled team by adding a talented Architect on a permanent basis. The successful Architect will be managing medium-size residential & educational projects as well as various different smaller scale projects.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Architect, with a minimum of 3-5 years post Part III experience, ideally with exposure to Residential and Educational projects.
You will have an understanding of processes at all RIBA work stages. A willingness to work as a team player is essential along with a broad knowledge and understanding of UK Building Systems & Regulations.
- Management of medium sized projects with Director supervision; management of numerous small projects
- Understand the design project, particularly focusing on our current residential schemes
- Prepare and develop drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
- Assist in the co-ordination of the internal design team
- Take responsibility as the team leader for specific areas of the design and project development
- Liaise with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with ACG procedures and standards
- Carrying out work in accordance with the ARB Code of Practice
- Involvement in business development activities (networking, attending professional events, representing practice etc); able to recognise and respond to potential opportunities, informing directors as appropriate.
- Winning, leading and overseeing multiple projects; supervising and tutoring junior staff
- Producing detailed drawings
- Working with the Project Director to set out budget and costs
- Working with the Project Director to set out project specific criteria for success, including deadlines and resources
- Contributing to setting and articulating design philosophy and practice values
- Planning and delivering client presentations
- Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and consultants, authorities etc.
- Project management and helping to coordinate information
- Continually developing professional skill set and knowledge to ensure competence for projects
- Documenting own work conscientiously
- At least 3-5-years' post RIBA Part III experience
- Residential and/or educational design experience
- Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project, with good working knowledge of CAD systems
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members
- Flexible attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly presentable and professional manner
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook and Excel 2015)
- Sociable, outgoing character with a good work ethic
- Able to react to a fast-paced environment, good time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to assist in the management of architectural assistants on the team
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks, Sketchup, and InDesign is desirable. If you don't have experience with these software, a willingness to learn is essential.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package (including private health care and ARB fees) would be on offer to the successful applicant, likely to be in the range of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Please forward your CV and portfolio through to Joey Waller at Conrad Consulting or contact Joey on 01728 726 140 for further information.
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly