Regional leader of planning
I am working with a leading global design consultancy to recruit for a regional leader of Planning, this role joins the Regional Market Business Unit
- Is an extended member of the Planning firm-wide leadership team and participates in defining the vision, strategy, and business plans for the firm-wide practice
- Is the primary representative for Planning in their region
- Will occasionally serve as principal-in-charge (PIC) for Planning projects
- Understands the industry, regional client sensitivities, and market drivers
- Participates with other Planning Regional Leaders and Directors of Planning in firm-wide activities
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining design reputation.
- Leads design teams, providing overall design direction to ensure high-quality design.
- Responsible for conceptual design excellence; initiates project design and idea discussions.
- Is the primary Planning Liaison with the regional business unit
- Is responsible the successful execution of the defined practice goals and business plan
- May serve as Principal-In-Charge (PIC) and/or Project Manager on one or more projects
- Regularly reports regional status to Planning firm-wide leadership team
- Assists in preparing project fee and workload projections
- With the appointed PM, is responsible for regional Planning project performance
- Maintains and grows current client relationships
- Proactively seek out new opportunities and prospects
- Participates in regional Planning marketing and business development opportunities, proposals, interviews and presentations
- Regularly participates in the Planning industry activities by way of speaking, presenting and/or writing to enhance the Planning practice’s thought leadership
- Serves as mentor/advisor to Planning related regional staff
- Leads Planning input on regional staff performance evaluations, including recommendations for bonus and promotion
- Participates in recruiting of Planning related staff
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, urban design or planning, Master’s degree preferred.
- Registration with current license required if offered in your region.
- LEED AP or GA required within 12 months of employment
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of Planning focused projects.
- Thorough knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Ability to manage the Planning department with a collaborative leadership style which puts value on relationships, both internal and external.
- Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, GIS, Ecotect, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in BIM, Revit and NewForma preferred.
If this sounds of interest, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Kerry in the London office