Regional leader of planning
7 days left
- Full Time
I am working with a leading global design consultancy to recruit for a regional leader of Planning, this role joins the Regional Market Business Unit
- Is an extended member of the Planning firm-wide leadership team and participates in defining the vision, strategy, and business plans for the firm-wide practice
- Is the primary representative for Planning in their region
- Will occasionally serve as principal-in-charge (PIC) for Planning projects
- Understands the industry, regional client sensitivities, and market drivers
- Participates with other Planning Regional Leaders and Directors of Planning in firm-wide activities
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining design reputation.
- Leads design teams, providing overall design direction to ensure high-quality design.
- Responsible for conceptual design excellence; initiates project design and idea discussions.
- Is the primary Planning Liaison with the regional business unit
- Is responsible the successful execution of the defined practice goals and business plan
- May serve as Principal-In-Charge (PIC) and/or Project Manager on one or more projects
- Regularly reports regional status to Planning firm-wide leadership team
- Assists in preparing project fee and workload projections
- With the appointed PM, is responsible for regional Planning project performance
- Maintains and grows current client relationships
- Proactively seek out new opportunities and prospects
- Participates in regional Planning marketing and business development opportunities, proposals, interviews and presentations
- Regularly participates in the Planning industry activities by way of speaking, presenting and/or writing to enhance the Planning practice’s thought leadership
- Serves as mentor/advisor to Planning related regional staff
- Leads Planning input on regional staff performance evaluations, including recommendations for bonus and promotion
- Participates in recruiting of Planning related staff
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, urban design or planning, Master’s degree preferred.
- Registration with current license required if offered in your region.
- LEED AP or GA required within 12 months of employment
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of Planning focused projects.
- Thorough knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Ability to manage the Planning department with a collaborative leadership style which puts value on relationships, both internal and external.
- Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, GIS, Ecotect, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in BIM, Revit and NewForma preferred.
If this sounds of interest, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Kerry in the London office
Apply for Regional leader of planning
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly