Conrad Consulting in partnership with an industry leading, multi-disciplinary consultancy are looking to add an experienced Architectural Technician or Technologist to assist with the growth of their specialist office in Manchester.
Manchester and the North-West as a whole is experiencing a significant boom, both in terms of construction and development. Our client is a true market leader; they pride themselves on their pioneering design quality and their ability to provide a tailored, full-suite of services to their extensive end-user client base.
The successful candidate will be qualified to HND or have a foundation degree in Architectural Technology , Construction or the Built environment. You will be responsible for producing high-quality, detailed design packages for project documentation. Experience within these following sectors would be viewed as advantageous:
* Science and Technology - Including Pharmaceutical and Research & Development.
* Transportation - Aviation, Rail, etc.
* Public Sector - Education, Defence, Healthcare.
Your key responsibilities within this role will comprise the following:
* Be responsible for the production of sketch, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
* Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
* Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
* Communicate and collaborate with CAD technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
* Able to provide excellent service in line with the company philosophy of Perfect Delivery
* Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of their own work in accordance with company QA procedures
* Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
* Where required, take responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
* Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations
* Attend in-house CAD courses and seminars
* Keep up to date with design trends/design techniques (BIM etc.)
* Interact on project standards coordination with customers
* Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
* Input to the review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production drawings for technical compliance with design intent
Software & technical requirements -
* REVIT - Essential
* AutoCAD - Essential
* Microstation - Preferable
* Sketch-Up - Preferable
* CDM regulations - preferable
* Knowledge of sustainable building materials - preferable
If you feel like to are able to meet the requirements listed above, and are keen to pursue a career with a forward-thinking company that offers clear career progression then we want to hear from you.
This vacancy is for both contract and permanent positions. Salary / Houry Rate is competitive, depending on experience.
Applicants with a proven track-record of delivering detailed drawing packages to a high standard will be offered interviews at their earliest convenience.
Please send an updated CV and portfolio
Apply for Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly