Food Safety Officer
Food Safety Officer required for public sector organisation in South London flexi hours, paying per inspection
Your new company
This South London based public sector organisation is currently looking to recruit a Food Safety Officer to join their Food and Safety team to carry out category C & D inspections.
The team are responsible for utilising a risk based approach, respond to service demands received by the Food & Safety Team on matters relating to food safety, food standards and health and safety at work and take the necessary informal or formal action.
This role will be paying per inspection carried out (25 category C and D inspections minimum expected each week)
Your new role
As a Food Safety Officer you will have delegated authority and will use specialist skills and techniques ( i.e. audit, inspection, enforcement powers, negotiation and persuasion) to carry out a programme of proactive and reactive functions which will contribute to raising standards of food safety, health & safety and increased Infectious Disease Control in all types of commercial activity within the borough.
* Promote and enforce food safety, food standards, health and safety (including public safety) in commercial premises and at public events to ensure food manufactured or sold in the borough is safe for consumption and to ensure health and safety risks are minimised and or controlled for members of the public and employees, including safety at sports grounds.
* Collating and storing evidence in accordance with RIPA 2000 and DPA 1998.
* Preparing reports, comprehensive records and witness statements and representing the Council's as professional witness at formal hearings, public enquiries and in court.
* Lead on or assist in the development and implementation of projects in food safety and health and safety.
* Work closely with FSA, HSE, BRDO, Police, HMRC, Sports Ground Safety Authority, Local Authority Environmental Health, Licensing and Trading Standards Divisions, Solicitors and Barristers, Court Officials, Contractors, Business Community, Land Registry, Members of Parliament, Residents Association, Environment Agency, Utilities providers and contractors, Voluntary sector, members of the public and community groups.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will have extensive knowledge and understanding of Food Safety and Health & Safety at Work legislations and the relevant Statutory Provisions, codes of practice and practice guidance. You will also have knowledge of the applicable legal system, Courts procedures and legal and investigation process including knowledge of the provisions of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act (CPIA) and Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA).
You will have the ability to work with limited or no supervision, take responsibility for your own actions and take appropriate decisions as well as being self-motivated, thorough and determined in dealing with problems and challenges whilst maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude. Use creative thinking and judgement when resolving matters.
Proven track record in Food Safety and Health and Safety inspections, interventions and investigations including the enforcement of relevant legislation such as Food Safety Act 1990 and Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 required.
Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspection registered with EHRB or equivalent.
Be fully qualified to completed food hygiene inspections in line with the FSA Food Law Code of Practice
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market Inspection Rate
Flexible working hours
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Food Safety Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly