Fantastic opportunity for a Technical Designer to join an international design consultancy on a permanent basis in Leicestershire. Our client has gained a collection of prestigious awards through their skilled work on primarily retail and exhibition projects. They are renowned for successfully delivering large and complex projects to budgetary, quality and time requirements, which has led to a growing client base and increasing workload. They are therefore seeking an enthusiastic Technical Designer to join their vibrant team.
As the selected Technical Designer, you will have a number of important roles and responsibilities to ensure the successful delivery of technical designs. You will be tasked with creating detailed technical CAD drawings suitable for production, and ensuring work meets the necessary standards of the client brief. You may also be required to participate in project meetings, attend site-visits and assist with the training and development of junior team members.
The essential skills, experience and attributes required, include:
- Knowledge of processes and manufacturing methods in a variety of materials
- Excellent understanding and experience using AutoCAD and Revit software
- Experience working in a similar role, ideally within the retail or exhibition sector
- Strong creative design skills
- Effective troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work accurately
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in exhibition and heritage design
- Sketch-up and 3D ability would be an advantage
This is an excellent position for an enthusiastic Technical Designer to develop their skills through working on a number of exciting projects, and join a renowned practice that offers opportunities for progression.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send examples of your best technical work to show your approach to the architectural process.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Hannah McMillan on 02392 603033 or email Hannah.McMillan@blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13214HXM. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the ‘Apply’ option and following the instructions.