New Business Director - Design Consultancy, Dubai
A leading creative agency known for their expertise, intelligence and deep understanding of clients in the built environment are looking for a new business director or regional director in Dubai. This firm targets the end user’s mindset and social behaviours adding value through design solutions - covering branding, strategy, wayfinding, urban analytics, master planning and insight. Essentially, you’ll be responsible for all new business rather than the design - fusing on transport, retail and residential sectors.
- Driving and growing presence of the business in the UAE.
- Increasing the client base of tier 1 developers in the built environment, focusing on retail, transport and residential.
- Bridging teams between Dubai and London and potentially NY, creating work flows and driving project delivery for the client.
- Building a network and winning work based on the existing presence, bringing on new work to build and manage your own small team.
- BID proposals, presenting design strategies, ideas and new concepts.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in the UAE.
- Understanding design from an end user in retail, transport or master planning but not limited to these sectors.
- Driving thought leadership ensuring a consultative approach to clients.
- Deep expertise in either branding, strategy, wayfinding, interior design, master planning and/or urban analytics.
- Passion for creating brands, identities, journeys and places people love.
- You might be, among other things, an architect, interior designer or industrial designer who has an existing network with large developers in the UAE. You’ll be starting from a warm presence with support from an existing director.
- Drive and ambition are key for applicants who enjoy opening doors, driving business and growing, nurturing and maintaining clients. Design, people and places are key attitudes you must have.
- Salary will be broken down into base and bonus depending on the success of all work won.