Your new company
Hays are working with an award winning International Architecture practice, who have an office in the heart of Edinburgh. This studio have a portfolio of projects including masterplanning and large scale high density residential projects across Scotland and throughout the UK. Based in the city centre, they are ideally located to numerous local amenities and central train stations.
Your new role
This is a role for a Senior Architect who has the all rounder who enjoys: sketching, coming up with design solutions, presentation drawings, taking a project from planning through technical design and construction stages. You will be expected to be comfortable at all stages of the RIBA plan of works, as your role will involve design and technical work. It is vital in this role that you can deliver the design vision of any given project.
You will have the opportunity to not only manage younger staff, but also your own projects. This will provide a great opportunity to show what you are capable of from day one. This will in turn offer the chance to further develop your client facing skills, as you move into a more senior role within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be a qualified Architect
- The ability to carry out the full range of professional services of a qualified Architect
- The ability to design / sketch / render / present / detail and deliver projects
- Proficiency in Microstation is essential
- Proficiency in Revit is desirable
- Experience in residential and mixed use projects are essential
- Be proactive in your work, and have the energy and desire to succeed
- Have client facing experience, or the character to suit that kind of role
What you'll get in return
This is an immediate requirement and an appointment could be made relatively quickly for the right individual. This would be a great opportunity for an Architect looking to progress their career in a larger practice, and become a more integral member of a team, where you would be able to get career progression opportunities in the future. This organisation offer a fantastic benefits package including an excellent annual leave entitlement, annual trip abroad for all staff and there is the option to work on a flexible basis.