Conrad Consulting are pleased to be working with the UK's leading independent Planning and Design Consultancy that require 2 Layout Designers to join their Birmingham based office!
The Birmingham City Centre office is one of 13 regional offices across the UK, and is made of three friendly, yet busy & hardworking teams - The Town Planning Team, the Urban Design Team and the Architectural Team. The Architecture team combines high quality, innovative and sustainable design with extensive commercial awareness, however all three teams have a strong design-led approach. Although predominantly based in the Architecture team, the successful Layout Designers will work within, and across, all three sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful Layout Designers to further their professional design experience with continuous support and guidance on all projects. The consultancy have a number of ongoing live residential, commercial and mixed-use projects that the Layout Designers can get involved in immediately.
Requirements of the Layout Designer:
- Experience as a Layout Designer, with residential experience required
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or REVIT
- Knowledge of Photoshop & Sketchup
- Excellent freehand drawing
- House Builder / Developer knowledge is essential
- Knowledge of current UK Building Regulations
- Understanding of Planning issues and Local Authority design standards
- Ability to input into Design and Access Statements including an awareness of opportunities and constraints
- Have worked with Masterplanners and Urban Designers previously
- Ability to manage medium / large scale projects
- Ability to manage and deliver work within timescale & budget
- Excellent communication skills in order to engage with clients
Salary offered is between £30,000 and £40,000 depending on experience.
If you are a Layout Designer, with a passion for good quality placemaking, and would like to be considered for this role - get in touch!
Send your up to date CV and work examples to Ashley Johnson at Conrad Consulting, or call Ashley for a confidential discussion on 0121 698 2085