Senior Architect/Design Manager
A luxury and notable commercial developer in south-east London is looking for a senior architect to join their boutique in-house design team. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside London's leading architecture and interior design practices in a design manager capacity. The ideal candidate will have an inherent desire for design excellence and demonstrable experience working within high-end residential architecture and interiors projects. This is a great opportunity if you are a senior architect looking to move client side as part of a fast-paced and flourishing environment.
- Working as part of the in-house design team for the development and review of floor plans as well as working for the interior design team for the conceptual development of the in-house residential projects.
- Being the main interface between architects, designers and the development team on the delivery of both the internal and externally designed projects.
- Acting as 'design guardian', managing design intent drawing packages and reviewing information produced by consultants and contractors.
- Lead the development team on design, cost and construction, pre-and-post appointment.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified architect from a design-focused background with significant experience on architecture and interiors projects.
- Strong aesthetic judgement with the ability to balance cost versus aesthetic on both architecture and interiors projects.
- Ability to navigate and negotiate across internal/external design and delivery.
- Creative and keen problem solver with the determination to overcome challenges.
- Excellent fluency in AutoCAD, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite.