Product Engineer (Furniture)
Product design Engineer (2 roles)
£32,000 - £42,000 Mid to Snr level
£24,000 - £32,000 Junior - Mid Level
My client's distinctive unique furniture is shipped worldwide, due to high demand they must take on a Design Engineer. Their workshop has more of the feeling of that of an artist studio than an industrial factory, however, with the introduction of robotics & semi-automatic machinery they combine up to date technology with the hand made.
Purpose of the Position:
With a growth in demand they are looking to expand their small team with a technical specialist.
To support the design & manufacture of their creations with your technical knowledge & practical hands on skills. In this role it would be advantageous to have a creative eye when contributing to new designs by way of viability for manufacture.
- To be responsible for semi-automatic mechanical production processes
- Planning of production schedules and timelines
- Assisting in production development of new designs
Essential duties & responsibilities
- To operate, programme & develop the use of CNC router, semi-automatic flatbed sander, Robot sander in our production
- To be responsible for upkeep & maintenance of machinery (sub-contracting when necessary)
- Supervising & assisting in production processes
- Liaise with the team for smooth transitions between processes
- Quality control to meet specifications
- Working with the designers by implementing engineering solutions to technical issues for custom and bespoke projects.
- The use of CAD to communicate design intent, both technical production drawings and client friendly visuals
- To generate a clear production plan, to communicate progression and projected completion dates to all stakeholders within a project
- The ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Keep technical information data for each product with assembly drawings for use in the manufacturing process
Qualifications for the Position:
Ideally (not essential) have experience within the furniture industry
Educated to degree level in a design orientated subject
Skills for the Position:
- Practical & hands on design skills
- Be comfortable presenting information and speaking to suppliers/internal customers where necessary
- Excel skills
- CAD, Rhino experience
- Ability to communicate clearly & warmly with colleagues, in both written & verbal communication.
- Meticulous attention to detail, dimensions and finishes
- Able to multitask and time manage
Qualities for the Position:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and an excellent team player
- Good personal organisational skills & ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Works productively in a high-pressure environment, adapting to changing circumstances and maintaining a positive outlook