BIM Library Manager
BIM Library manager, Leicester, Permanent
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity for the candidate to learn & understand Ifc and openBIM principles, and how to implement their requirements into the Revit environment. This practice has the aspirations to operate on the cutting edge of BIM methodologies.
Your new role
* Support the strategic programme of adoption of Revit/BIM across the practice.
* Support the implementation of the practices BIM Strategy described in the BIM Group Sub Plan and supporting documents.
* Support technical project teams with Revit Library Object creation, revision and management of the practices object database. To communicate database structure and protocol for object creation.
* Support the BIM Manager with the production and implementation of sector specific Revit object libraries and manage further updates and new object inclusion as necessary.
* Assist the BIM Manager in the creation and maintenance of the templates including implementing BS naming conventions etc.
* Support technical staff on the use of Naming Conventions and Folder structure implementation on all new Revit projects.
* Support the BIM Coordinator with completion of BEP's at Revit project initiation stage where applicable;
* Meet regularly with the BIM Team to manage workload and management of all aspects associated with Revit/BIM.
* Attend and participate the BIM Matrix Group Meetings.
* In liaison with the BIM Manager, identify opportunities to promote and communicate the practice's BIM offering internally.
* Liaise with the BIM Manager to prepare / issue / update and communicate in Revit / BIM procedures covering the company's Standards & Resource Library to ensure a common, consistent approach to it's use, across the organisation.
* Have a good understanding of/and use of CTC Express Tools for efficient Revit Component library management.
* Have a strong understanding of Deltek PIM and the implementation of the Document Lifecycle Manager Application
* Regularly provide support to all staff on Revit queries.
* Identify methods to ensure prevalent economic Revit / BIM usage across the practice.
* Use Spiceworks to log all technical issues and requests. Report findings and patterns at BIM Team meetings to establish corrective measures/training with the BIM Manager.
* Inform the BIM Manager on compliance issues regarding the adoption of the practices procedures.
* Liaise with the BIM Manager on IT hardware/software issues affecting employee's ability to perform their role and suggest possible solutions to overcome those issues.
* Respond to modelling queries from employees;
* Liaise with the BIM Manager on updates and revisions to BIM procedures, standards & resources for the company's library
* Undertake work in accordance with procedural guidelines and carry out your work in accordance with the Employee Handbook, which may change from time to time.
* Perform dependably and accurately and maintain accurate records in accordance with procedural guidelines.
* Meet all deadlines unless otherwise discussed with your Manager.
* Immediately notify the senior member of staff in your team of any claim or potential claim against the practice.
* Promote the practice whenever possible to maintain existing clients and encourage new clients.
* Keep up to date notes in Deltek PIM
* Apply and keep up to date your knowledge of construction techniques through CPD Attendance in line with RIBA or CIAT requirements
* Implement and apply practice QA procedures
* Be proficient and continually improve in the use of Deltek PIM.
* Have knowledge of H&S
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be highly organised, have an attention to detail, be conscientious, be a good communicator, you must be able to think/work proactively on your own, as well as part of a team.
You will need to have an in depth knowledge, understanding and experience of Revit Family Creation and it's best practices.
You will need to be aware of, and have some knowledge & understanding of, industry standards & good working practices relevant to BIM.
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to work for a well established practice, you will also receive a competitive pay rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.