Midweight Interior Designer
A successful interior design practice based in SW1 that specialises in exclusive and notable interiors, is looking for a talented all-rounder midweight designer to work on some of the most exciting and high-profile hotels, bars and restaurants in London and internationally.
- Plan, execute and oversee projects from concept to completion.
- Work closely alongside the senior designer and assist project team with development of FF&E concepts, procurement & installation of FF&E items.
- Create, track and process accurate and up-to-date budget proposals, costings and recommend budget changes where necessary.
- Create and present proposals to client.
- Manage client sign-off of documentation.
- Oversee quality control and production of sampling, including mock-ups and prototypes of custom items (providing sketch details where required).
- Coordinate and oversee FF&E procurement, delivery and installation of all FF&E items, including coordination of relevant on and off-site trades, specialists and scenic artists.
- Establish and maintain excellent client and supplier relationships.
- Work to tight deadlines on multiple tasks.
- Introduce new ways of working, above and beyond the brief.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience working in luxury residential and hospitality sectors and boutique projects.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, positive personality and professional demeanour.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of fabrics, furniture and finishes for hospitality environments.
- Good knowledge of latest trends and industry guidelines.
- Maintain a solid network of suppliers.
- Knowledge of running a design project on time and on budget.
- Create work using Adobe Suite, Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Excel.
- Ability to understand AutoCAD.
- BA in interior design or related degree.
This studio is a leader in the industry, an opportunity here will give the successful candidate exposure to the highest level of interior design.