Your new company
Hays are working with a UK wide commercial Architectural practice, who have an office in the heart of Edinburgh. This studio have a portfolio of large scale Commercial, Mixed use, Residential, Retail and Education projects local to Edinburgh and across the UK. Based in central Edinburgh, they are ideally located to numerous local amenities
Your new role
This is a role for an all rounder who enjoys: sketching, coming up with design solutions, presentation drawings, rendering, working on SketchUp, doing a lot of your technical work, construction drawings etc. You will be expected to be comfortable at all stages of the RIBA plan of works, as your role will involve design and technical work.
You will have the opportunity to not only manage younger staff, but also your own projects. This will provide a great opportunity to show what you are capable of from day one. This will in turn offer the chance to further develop your client facing skills, as you move into a more senior role within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be a qualified Architect.
- The ability to carry out the full range of professional services of a qualified Architect
- The ability to design / sketch / render / present / detail and deliver projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential.
- Experience in commercial and mixed use projects are essential
- Be proactive in your work, and have the energy and desire to succeed.
- Have the drive to push out high quality work.
- Have client facing experience, or the character to suit that kind of role.
What you'll get in return
This is an immediate requirement and an appointment could be made relatively quickly for the right individual. This would be a great opportunity for an Architect looking to progress their career in a larger practice, and become a more integral member of a team, where you would be able to get career progression opportunities to Senior and Associate level.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.