Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a priority growth area for BRE. As such, we are seeking to employ a keen BIM individual with at least five years industry expertise that can support the BIM Team in delivery of services to support industry. Predominantly working in the UK and based in Watford, but with occasional overseas work the position will be responsible for supporting delivery of organisational assessments and audits, training and advisory work. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of developments in BIM and emerging information management thinking.
- Deliver classroom training, research and advisory services, assessments and audits at locations across the UK and internationally (training and supervision will be provided)
- Support the development of training content
- Support client meetings and proposal generation
- Support the generation of marketing content
- Represent BRE at conferences and events
- Represent BRE at working groups and other industry groups as appropriate
- Ensure BRE’s knowledge of BIM and emerging information management thinking is always up to date.
Skills and experience
The individual should have the following skills and experience:
- Good presentation and customer engagement skills
- Ability to translate complex information into content that engages our clients
- Post Graduate Qualification in an AEC Related discipline
- Minimum 2 Years working experience of AEC Design, Construction or Lifecycle management
- An understanding of the use and capabilities of some of the software tools from vendors such as Autodesk, Bentley, Graphisoft or Solibri
- Understanding of the HMG BIM Level 2 requirements and associated standards and documentation
- Written skills - demonstrated ability to review and write research papers, project related documentation, guidance documents, develop and present training material and presentations
- Graphical Presentations – demonstrate good graphical presentation skills using BIM software, visualisation software, graphical editing software and develop presentation material
- Ability to travel depending upon assigned project requirements.
Other desirable skills and experience includes:
- Chartership or progression towards chartership within a professional institution
- Working knowledge of typical IT applications and BIM systems, as well as common in-house Standards, Methods and Procedures and QA procedures.
- An understanding of OpenBIM and its related products such as IFC and COBie etc.
- Knowledge of BIM implementation requirements and associated Information Technology needs, either from a consultant or contracting background
- Development skills in .NET, ASP, PHP; which may be advantage for specific research projects
The BRE BIM Team also has specific opportunities for Spanish and Portuguese speaking individuals who would like to apply for this position.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way