A truly unique Director level role within the Architectural design industry in Glasgow
Your new company
Hays are working exclusively with a local award winning, architectural and interior design practice in Glasgow. They specialise in hospitality design for international hotel & leisure groups, independent hoteliers & restaurateurs whilst also working on workplace and high end residential projects.
In additional to that company also has a separate division that specialises procurement and installation of FF&E for the projects.
This studio clearly has a strong sense of style and aesthetic, in addition to truly understanding the clients commercial and operational requirements and guiding them through the design process whilst striving to create bespoke spatial experiences.
Your new role
Will be to look after the main studio's tasks and responsibilities, as an Interior Designer:
- Client briefings - understanding their needs to develop design briefs
- Formulate preliminary design sketches - including space plans, 2D and 3D design concepts
- Design & detail of the interior, and the FF&E
- Assist with the project management of projects
More specific tasks & responsibilities as a Studio Director would be:
- Responsible for orchestrating the work of the project teams focused on design, development and delivery of outstanding solutions.
- As a member of the Studio's leadership team you will have the opportunity to enhance the culture for design & operational excellence. As well as the softer side of the working environment in the office.
- To deliver large scale projects for commercial clients (global hospitality brands)
- Manage, mentor and grow top industry talent
- To business develop further into current markets, and look into additional markets for further business opportunities
- And to be results-oriented
What you'll need to succeed
- BA in Interior Architecture or Architecture.
- Be an experienced individual within the commercial interior design market.
- Have a range of skills from initial concepts to technical design.
- Have extensive knowledge of materials and finished across the FF&E supply chain
- Excellent presentation skills Be an ambassador for the business.
- Have good business development acumen
What you'll get in return
This is a truly fantastic opportunity that we have not seen many of in the last few years in the Glasgow market. This role has real scope for further growth, in that could lead to potential shareholding within the business for the right person.
This really is a role that cannot be missed!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.