Assistant / Trainee AutoCAD Technician
Trainee / Assistant AutoCAD Technician, Northamptonshire, Multidisciplinary
Your new company
A nation wide multidisciplinary practice are looking to recruit a Trainee/ Assistant AutoCAD Technician to sit within their Northamptonshire based team.
This company is predominantly made up of Chartered Surveyors and works within a variety of sectors including education, industrial, leisure, commercial, retail and residential.
Your new role
Your role will be to provide general support to the Architectural Technician, along side providing CAD support to the other services within the practice.
You will be responsible for:
- Liaising with regulatory bodies when required such as; Building Control and Fire Authority
- Communicating with internal and external parties to ensure deadlines are being met and any problems are highlighted
- Ensuring all work undertaken is produced accurately in an efficient manner
- Ensuring files and paperwork are completed and saved in the relevant areas
- Attending meetings with other company functions to preform duties and aid in business development
- Preparing and submitting relevant administration in an accurate manner such as; time sheets, expenses and database applications
- Developing relevant knowledge and skills through regular CPD activities, and maintaining an up-to-date awareness of all necessary legislation affecting the technical aspects of building surveying, sharing knowledge and information where appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have experience with using AutoCAD with a degree or qualification that is related being desirable. You will need to be able to fluently use Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook with knowledge of Photoshop, SketchUp or Revit being preferable.
You must be a motivated individual who is willing to learn and is able to prioritise workload, planning ahead when required. You should have good organisation skills, be a confident communicator and have an ability to work under pressure.
What you'll get in return
You will get to work for a well established, national company who have the resources in house to train you and help you develop as an industry professional. You will get to experience working with a number of disciplines and will be paid an annual salary of £16k - £23k DOE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Assistant / Trainee AutoCAD Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly