Technical Automotive Support Engineer
Excellent opportunity for a permanent role in Glasgow for a Technical Automotive Support Engineer
Your new company
My Client are extremely passionate about making insurance easier and better value for their customers. They are currently embarking on a ground breaking growth journey to revolutionise the Rescue landscape. Their Service Delivery Strategy is a core building block of the wider Strategy and as part of that, they are looking to build on their strength across their Service Delivery Team and have an opening for a Technical Automotive Support Engineer based in Glasgow City Centre.
Your new role
* To provide real time automotive technical telephone support to a host of internal and external customers reducing cost to serve by driving repair rate capability by;
* Driving the success of Phone Fix in the Rescue Service Delivery Contact Centres
* Driving UK wide improvements in Roadside Repair rate with roadside technicians
* You will operate as an integral part of the Phone Fix process answering demand from the Rescue Service Delivery Contact Centre Advisor population in Leeds and Glasgow, connecting to customers in identified Phone Fix incidents, providing real time over the phone diagnostic questioning and appropriate advice to the customer and Advisor.
* Be the first point of call for all Roadside Technicians requiring automotive technical assistance to lead and aid in the swift resolution of vehicle faults through the use of automotive technical information and databases combined with extensive automotive mechanical and electrical diagnostic and repair experience and knowledge.
* As a technical information author, own the design and development of a technical information platform which can be accessed both internally by ATSE's and externally by Roadside Technicians in a read and write capacity.
* As an automotive engineering expert provide both validation and governance in the assessment of technical information received from Roadside Technicians ahead of publishing on the Technical Information Platform.
* Working with the Vehicle and Customer Data Insight Manager and Roadside Service Delivery management teams, own the identification, development and roll out of technical training to the roadside network.
* Additionally assist the Service Delivery Contact Centre management teams in the development and roll out of vehicle awareness training modules and experiences.
* Work autonomously and with minimal supervision to ensure best-in-class Automotive Technical Support to internal and external customers and strive through a continuous improvement approach.
What you'll need to succeed
* A minimum of 10 years hands on experience in the diagnosis and repair of vehicle technology including;
* Powertrain Control Systems - Petrol & Diesel
* Vehicle Electronic Systems
* Steering & Suspension Systems
* Drive Train and Transaxle Systems
* SRS Systems
* ADAS Systems
* Excellent customer facing skills and have experience in customer handling
* Will be qualified to IMI Certified Automotive Engineer level or equivalent.
* Passion for Customer Service
* It would also be beneficial if you have a working knowledge / understanding of the challenges faced in Roadside diagnosis and repair.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent role with competitive benefits in a great location working 35 hours a week