Flexible Part Time job as a Town Planner for a substantial Architecture and Design practice near Stevenage.
Your new company
We are looking for a part time Town Planner who will become a member of our busy practice to work on an array of interesting projects ranging from residential, commercial and retail schemes to mixed-use projects. As well as preparing planning applications and assisting Associates and Directors, you will be liaising with clients, and attending site visits.
Your new role
Key to this role is building on and strengthening existing relationships with clients and regularly advising them on their portfolios on a strategic level. The ideal candidate would be a fully chartered member of the RTPI with an expansive knowledge of the UK planning system
- Working within a busy team, following briefs provided by clients to produce designs and plans.
- Prepare and present reports, planning appraisals, bids and applications for residential developments.
- Producing high quality work, with strong attention to detail, with good organisational and communication skills.
- You will be liaising with clients on a regular basis, attending site visits while advising on the best possible strategy for the client to take.
- Managing client relationships and contributing to business development.
- Be confident, with a professional attitude and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- To undertake any other tasks and duties within the scope and grade of the post.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (Town Planning)
- Ideally Chartered member of Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI)
- Demonstrable planning experience within local authority or consultancy
- Good knowledge of relevant UK legislation
- Full driving License
What you'll get in return
Flexible working week and competitive salary, Subject to experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Town Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly