Senior Transport Consultant / Planner
Transport Planner required to support the expansion of a leading consultancy within Transport locally.
This is a varied and challenging role, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with full support provided by experienced transport consultants.
Clients typically include; housing and commercial developers, local authorities, highway authorities, architects, town-planners and other professionals.
Your work will initially include data analysis, junction modelling, road safety analysis, site visits and sustainable transport reviews, as well as preparing plans, drawings and report writing.
Professional growth and personal development is strongly encouraged. You will be encouraged to enrol on the Transport Planning Society's Professional Development Scheme and assigned a personal mentor to help guide you through the process with a view to gaining a professional qualification.
We are looking for a keen, progressive and versatile individual with a genuine interest in transport consultancy. You will have some experience working in the industry and your experience would ideally include:
* Knowledge of Transport Assessment methodologies
* Experience of producing Transport Assessment and Travel Plan reports
* Knowledge of highway design principles relevant to development layout and site access design
* Ability to use AutoCAD and GIS software
* Experience of specialist transport planning software packages such as TRICS, Junctions 9 and LinSIG the ideal candidate is likely to have a degree in an analytical subject such as transport planning, engineering, mathematics, science, economics or geography. Above all, we will be looking for someone with the following qualities:
* Drive to succeed and a willingness to get involved
* Excellent communication skills, confidence to liaise with team members and clients
* Methodical approach to problem solving and excellent attention to detail
* Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, reports and drawings
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team
* Full, clean UK driving licence and ideally access to a vehicle
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.