Clerk of Works
Your new company
A well established and forward thinking practice based in Nottinghamshire are looking for a Clerk of Works to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
* Working with one of our Associates on a variety of education and commercial projects, mainly across the East Midlands and South Yorkshire.
* Representing our clients on site to act as their eyes and ears, updating them on quality standards both verbally and through production of weekly reports.
* Reviewing drawings and ensuring that the project is being built using correct methods and to specification/drawings, raising/querying any discrepancies verbally and in written format.
* Monitoring progress against the contract programme.
* Reporting on any health and safety concerns noted on site, general site conditions and ensuring any matters are dealt with by the site management.
* Identifying and highlighting defects and following them up until they are rectified.
* Subject to experience and qualifications, there may also be the opportunity to support our CDM Consultant team in their role as PD, PD Adviser and Client CDM Adviser on various projects.
What you'll need to succeed
* Someone who has experience working on educational / commercial projects as a Clerks of Works, ideally a member of ICWCI (although not essential depending on site based experience).
* Experience of working on construction sites, the ability to read technical drawings and interpret contract programmes and knowledge of site health and safety is essential.
* A sound experience of technical building design and Building Regulations both in terms of new build and refurbishment / fit out.
* Preferably someone who has some experience in the NEC Supervisor role.
* A motivated individual who is driven to succeed and will commit themselves fully to the role.
* Someone who has strong communication skills including project reporting.
* Ability to work on
What you'll get in return
You will receive a generous salary of up to £40,000 + benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Clerk of Works
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly