Bookkeeper & Administrator
This role reports directly to the managing director but also supports the marketing manager with admin tasks. This studio designs and manufactures beautiful bespoke lighting products for the luxury interiors market and are looking for an enthusiastic addition to their small office team. Day-to-day tasks will include recording all company spending, including purchases, invoices and sales and provide accurate information on company outgoings for the purposes of filing accounts. The bookkeeper will be organised, efficient and skilled at keeping track of the various types of spending by the company. The position involves using Xero software and keeping regular contact with our accountants.
Accountable for delivering an accurate trail of company spending and responsible for the variety of activities that can include:
- Management of sales ledger.
- Maintaining accounts, verifying and posting transactions.
- Balancing accounts on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis.
- Managing client invoices & payments.
- Working closely with accountants to prepare VAT returns.
- Preparing schedules, statements and reports as requested.
- Managing relevant documentation.
Skills and Experience
- Possess first-rate numerical skills.
- Strong bookkeeping skills and previous experience in a similar role.
- Solid organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, including relationship building with individuals in the business.
- Highly computer literate with experience of Xero and Google Sheets and advantage.
- Possess relevant NVQ/SVQ qualifications or specialist qualifications such as AAT.
Apply for Bookkeeper & Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly