Architect/CDM Coordinator role, Permanent job, Harrogate, excellent practice, competitive salary
Your new company
A well known and exciting practice based in the picturesque town of Harrogate are looking for an experienced Designer with a keen eye for CDM2015 Legislation and Project Quality Assurance. With a team that have gone from strength to strength during these challenging times this is an excellent opportunity to join a practice that have their staff at the forefront of their development.
Your new role
you will actively take on the Principal Designer role and coordinate the internal design & project reviews to assist the wider company design teams in the principals of prevention. Training for suitable qualifications (NEBOSH, IOSH, CDM, IMaPS) will be provided.
Key responsibilities include:
* Manage Duty Holder requirements.
* Assessment of Designer Competencies.
* Pre-Construction Information, prepare a report detailing potential Health and Safety issues, identified using existing surveys, reports and Risk Assessments from all Designers.
* Review and comment on Construction Phase Plans, liaise with the Principal Contractor to ensure a suitable Construction Phase Plan is produced.
* Health & Safety File, collated the Health & Safety File for construction and operational phases of each project.
* Technical Reviews, undertake a full drawing package reviews of all H&S, design documents and drawings and provide teams with advice and comments
* Design Team Meetings, attend internal design meetings and offer CDM and health & safety guidance. Assist designers in identifying Health & Safety risks and provide advice and assistance on the 'Principles of Prevention', proactively address risk elimination and reduction.
What you'll need to succeed
* RIBA Accredited
* 10 years post qualification experienced
* Great communication and co-ordination skills
* Working knowledge of Revit
* Principal Designer qualifications are advantageous (NEBOSH / IOSH / IIRSM / CDM / IMaPS / CMaPS)
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a competitive salary of £38,000-£43,000 (experience depending). As well as the salary you will get a good holiday allowance and team days that have previously included trips to the races. The directors put on virtual events for the team during lockdown to continue to reward their staff for their hard work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.