Principal/Senior Associate - New Zealand
A unique opportunity has arisen for a senior associate/principal architect to join the successful residential team of an award-winning, multi-disciplinary architectural and urban design practice. This is an opportunity to work on city-shaping and nation-defining projects with design leaders who are recognised nationally and internationally for their exceptional talent and design expertise. The studio is home to a collective of top international architecture experience, seeking to take New Zealand design to the world stage.
You will hold accountability for the performance and delivery of upcoming projects nationwide. You will develop and implement robust market strategies to ensure design excellence, efficiency and profitability are developed and maintained. Working as part of the leadership team, the role will complement the chief designer and bolster leadership across teams with a focus on delivery and implementation.
- Lead key projects within the residential team delivering excellence in design.
- Oversee all projects within the residential team, providing guidance and support as required.
- Coach, mentor, and develop project staff.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships; seek business development opportunities, gather market intelligence and drive action on new opportunities.
- Contribute to the formation of the Residential Practice Group strategy.
- Actively engage with the practice's cultural, social and sustainability agenda and proactively assist in delivering relevant goals and objectives.
Skills and Experience
- Completed qualifications in architecture from a reputable university.
- Experience and expertise on large-scale and high-end residential apartment projects.
- Demonstrable ability to contribute to the winning of new work and successful delivery of multi-residential projects.
- Team leadership and management skills.
- Experience as a project architect with a strong design aesthetic.
- A team player with awareness of when to be directly involved and when to stand back and delegate.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions for the benefit of the company.
- Strong record of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Flexibility to travel to other locations for periods of time to undertake projects.
Benefits and Culture
- Stimulating world-class, design-led environment.
- Friendly and supportive team culture.
- Founding partner of the Diversity Agenda.
- Flexible working options.
- Professional development opportunities.