4 days left
- Full Time
Your new company
A Norwich based Groundworks contractor providing groundworks and Civil Engineering services to contractors and Developers across Norfolk and Suffolk.
Your new role
Based at the Head Office in Norwich, as Quantity Surveyor you will be working within our Commercial Team, reporting directly to the Commercial Manager. You will have excellent commercial acumen and communication skills, together with experience of working within the groundworks and civils sector.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be expected to provide commercial management to your designated sites. You will be able to use your own initiative to meet deadlines, whilst using your excellent inter-personal skills to develop positive working relationships to ensure business targets are met.
Within this role, you will be expected to complete cost and value analysis, provide financial forecasts, manage your client's requirements whilst completing accurate site valuations and contract variations, as necessary. You will also have a strong eye for detail and be proven to deliver work to a high standard.
Principle duties are as follows, but not limited to:
* Assist with the compilation of tender packages when necessary.
* Liaise with Clients to ensure their specific requirements have been met.
* Work as part of a project team to deliver business goals.
* Provide accurate payment applications and gain payment in full.
* Highlight and mitigate risks to Health and Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Profitability of construction sites.
* Liaise with all Project Surveyors to ensure learning is maintained across the business.
* Verify Payments against applications and provide debtors position to the Commercial Manager, taking action to reduce outstanding accounts.
* Accurately price, negotiate and agree Contractual Variations with the Client.
* Assist with poorly performing sites and work to regain their required performance levels.
* Ensure timely payment of Sub-Contractors / Suppliers.
* Complete monthly business performance reports.
What you'll need to succeed
* Previous experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor within the Groundworks Industry.
* Previous Contractor / Sub Contractor Experience.
* The ability to work to defined deadlines.
* Excellent presentational skills
* Leadership qualities
* Ability to Coach and Mentor team members
* Driving License essential
What you'll get in return
* Full-time position working 42.5 hours per week.
* Annual Salary - £45k - £60k per annum.
* Access to Company Pension.
* 28 days Annual Leave (Including Bank Holidays).
* Company Private Health Care Cover.
* Company Car Allowance.
* Mobile Phone and Computer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly