Part II / Architect / Glasgow / Up to £28,000 / Revit
Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by a local Glasgow based Architectural practice. This studio is very proud of the buildings they produce, and the people that work for them. The majority of what they have been working on recently has been major Healthcare projects, MOD, Education, Aviation and Residential.
We have worked with this firm a number of times in the past, and have to say the feedback has been very positive.
Your new role
This is a role for a Part II Architectural Assistant.
Ideal for candidate who is looking for the opportunity to get the right level of experience to proceed with your Part III.You will get involved with a project from inception to completion and be expected to be comfortable at all stages of the RIBA plan of works. A lot of the work initially will be to deliver an existing project, simply due to what stage the projects are at internally.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Architecture
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications
- The ability to design / sketch / render / present / detail and deliver projects.
- Proficiency in Revit is essential
- Be proactive in your work, and have the energy and desire to succeed.
- Have experience producing high quality renders.
- Take a hands on approach with not only your projects, but with younger members of staff.
- Be willing to get involved in the decision making process within the practice.
- Have the drive to push out high quality work.
- Have client facing experience, or the character to suit that kind of role
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects on assigned projects
- Be fully conversant with the basics of British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to Architectural design, sustainability and specification.
- Review and approve technical design phases of projects. Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures
- Create designs and highly detailed drawings and design solutions both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaise with the customer, project end-users and other construction professionals about the feasibility of a proposed project, including any constraining factors such as planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Make sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Interact and negotiate with customer project representatives
- Maintain regular contact with all assigned project customers, including the best possible development of personal relationships
- Take responsibility for project and multi-disciplined design team management as lead architect. Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations. Represent the firms in external project technical meetings if required
- Attend in-house design courses and seminars and feedback to the rest of the department if required.
- Keep up to date with design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques
- Prepare and manage project controls such as; Enquiry plan, TRB review, fee estimate sheets/cost of further work, scope of work and change control preparation.
- Promote and achieve excellent service through Perfect Delivery
What you'll get in returnThis is a great opportunity to show what you are capable of from day one. This will in turn offer the chance to further develop your skills, putting your in great place to sit your Part III.This is an immediate requirement and an appointment could be made relatively quickly for the right individual.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Apply for Part II
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly