Surveyor/CAD Technician for small architectural services company in north London
Due to an ever expanding workload this north London based architectural practice is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and client-facing Surveyor/CAD Technician to join their small team of friendly professionals! They work on a complete variety of projects ranging from residential, retail, commercial and mixed use across London, the south east and even further afield so you won't be bored! The role will require you to be involved on projects from initial client brief and site survey through to the production of planning drawings on AutoCAD and even onto site from time to time to deal with any queries.
The ideal person will have a building/construction related qualification and a positive and proactive "can do" attitude with strong communication skills. You must also be well organised and be a real problem solver as you will be spending a fair amount of time working on your own. You will be responsible for the preparation of design, planning and building regulation matters and contractors queries.
- Site visits & measures (using a 3D laser scanner or disto)
- Preparing preliminary designs
- Advising clients
- Dealing with external consultants
- Preparing planning applications
- Writing Planning & Design and Access Statements
- Preparing building regulation drawings
Qualities & skills required:-
- AutoCAD literate
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical knowledge & construction detailing
- Relevant building/construction related qualification
- The ability to carefully analyse problems in order to generate appropriate solutions
- Knowledge of the UK building regulations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Valid UK driving licence and own car
In return you will receive an excellent salary and the opportunity to take ownership of your own projects from start to finish!