Property Project Officer
Property Project Officer - Housing project - Central London - Public Sector - £18-20 p/h umbrella
Your new company
On behalf of a London public sector organisation, Hays Property & Surveying are now looking for an enthusiastic and self driven Property Project Officer, to join on an interim rolling basis.
Your new role
In this role, you'll be supporting the Technical Liaison Manager, working closely with them, but also independently. Some of the duties include:
- Communicate directly with residents and/or their representatives as to the progression of any major works projects
- Liaise with contractors to ensure financial compliance
- Pre and post inspect capital works
- Keep accurate records of works carried out and update appropriate systems
- Liaise with contractors to scope and schedule works
- Provide administrative support to the capital works programme
- Attend contract monitoring meetings
- Support the manager with preparation of planning applications
- Support residents and their families with decants (where required)
- To assist the manager with tender and procurement with major works helping to ensure value for money for the council.
- Keep CRM updated around key conversations and transactions with residents.
There will be a good mix of field and office based work.
The ratio can change from week-to-week depending on what comes our way. No week is ever the same. The right candidate would be flexible to the needs of the team and our tenants.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful:
- Trades or construction experience is essential
- Project management skills
- Ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- A passion for buildings, the built environment and customer service
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a can do attitude.
What you'll get in return
The project is completely unique and unlike other housing jobs. It's an opportunity for someone to gain incredible experience in a varied role. This is one of the highest profile housing project in the UK. It's a challenging project but it's also very interesting and rewarding.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.