Project Manager / Chartered Building Surveyor Job
Project Manager / Chartered Building Surveyor | Interim | Mid Kent | £Competitive day rate DOE
Project Manager / Chartered Building Surveyor needed in Kent
Project Manager / Chartered Building Surveyor
Freelance / Interim
Competitive day rate DOE
Do you have a strong background working as a Chartered Building Surveyor/Project Manager in the public sector? Are you looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work with a growing business in Kent? If so, I want to hear from you.
Project Manager / Building Surveyor
A job for a Project Manager / Chartered Building Surveyor for a public sector business in Kent.
Your new company
My client is a multi-disciplinary business working with public sector projects across Kent. They provide a range of services that include building surveying, facilities management, estates surveying and commercial services.
This company have a strong client base and repeat work, but also focus on new business as well to ensure they have consistent fees coming through the office, this is confirmed with a recent large project win with a large public sector body.
As the Interim Project Manager / Chartered Building Surveyor you will be initially doing a lot of planning and preliminary work for some of the education projects, which will include Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) bids. In due course you will also pick up some the of the larger projects which will include a new mixed use development in Kent.
Your new role
In the role of Project Manager / Chartered Building Surveyor you will be tasked and measured in the following;
- Preparing tender documentation comprising schedule of work,
- Producing CAD drawings/plans,
- Overseeing tender procedures and evaluation of tenders,
- Managing contracts and controlling expenditure within budget and time,
- Carry out the duties of Principal Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015,
- Undertake Building and Condition Surveys,
- Carry out inspections of construction work, write specifications of work,
- Carry out the duties of Contract Administrator.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have the following;
- Knowledge of Asbestos management duties,
- H&S legislation and CDM Regulations,
- Experience in Management of Small to Medium sized projects,
- Identifying building defects and preparing specifications,
- Working knowledge of IT systems and software such as MS Project, Office, & AutoCAD
- Knowledge of the JCT forms of Contract.
What you'll get in return
Initially this will be a day rate, out of scope at the moment, if and when the IR35 legislation changes in the financial new year, the rate may change or a more longer term solution can be agreed on.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Irvine now on 01622 235 684. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.