Junior IT Manager
In this stand-alone role you will to be confident in IT support, including desktop and network troubleshooting/setup working in close collaboration with IT in other offices. You must be committed to working in a self-motivated but collaborative manner, with a keenness to learn and develop in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide dedicated and direct IT support to all London staff.
- Identify, categorise, prioritise, diagnose and resolve service incidents and service requests including but not limited to software, hardware, Microsoft Office 365, printers, scanners, telephone systems, as well as a range of standard software applications within the architecture industry.
- Take ownership of emerging issues by troubleshooting and then implementing temporary and/or permanent solutions with the aim of restoring service to staff as soon as possible.
- Escalate incidents to IT & Systems Manager where necessary in a timely manner.
- Ensure all service requests and incidents are accurately recorded and managed in the Service Desk's incident management system.
- Communicate relevant updates to, and set clear service expectations with the IT Director.
- Liaise with the IT service providers and be their first point of contact at the London office.
- Create user accounts and reset passwords ensuring that the correct permissions are in place and data security is applied; this entails dealing with confidential information and ensuring full compliance in accordance with GDPR regulations ad local legislation.
- Provide feedback to the wider IT team on ticket trends or common issues occurring in the London office.
- Negotiate new agreements with local IT service providers and suppliers.
- Proactively plan and purchase new IT equipment in accordance with the needs of the London office and assist with relevant aspects of employee on- and off-boarding.
- Monitor and research new developments in IT and make recommendations on implementation of alternative IT solutions.
Infrastructure and Servers
- Configure and troubleshoot network equipment (Cisco Meraki and Dell).
- Maintain and update servers as needed (Dell).
- Monitor backups.
The right person will have experience working within the architecture and design environment as this is a stand-alone role and you will be expected to hit the ground running.