4 days left
- Full Time
NEW JOB - Quantity Surveyor required to join privately owned, National Contractor based in Hertfordshire.
Your new company
Our client, are a privately owned, National organisation who are one of the largest niche contractors in the UK.
Your new role
As a Quantity Surveyor, based in Hertfordshire you will have as much focus in securing works, building and maintaining relationships, as much as you are in completing your final accounts. The organization has an established painting business, that continues to grow that has created this need for a Quantity surveyor within the team. You will actively tender, estimate and measure onsite. Our client work with a variety of commercial and public sector clients Role responsibilities will include;
- Measure and prepare cost estimates for contracts and tenders, highlighting any risks
- Manage pricing of tenders to maximise business wins and profitability
- Prepare cost value reconciliations for contracts, identifying commercial risks and opportunities to ensure correct contract planning
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager to ensure productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start, including direct labour incentives
- Build strong client relations, to ensure any variations and progress of contracts are discussed
- Take purchase, credit and debtor responsibility using COINS to achieve expected cash flow
- Complete and analyse weekly reporting from site has adequate cost information (including labour rates and performance exceptional to budget, value, progress, quality and safety)
- Produce monthly contract valuations
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for like for like industry experience. We will also need you to have proven experience in a similar role and be an excellent communicator.
What you'll get in return
£48,000 per annum
- A realistic and achievable performance reward scheme
- Employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- Company car and great private mileage scheme
- 23 days annual leave but you can buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- Flexible working patterns would be considered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly