Your new company
My Client is one of the Top Consultancies in the UK which is looking to hire an Associate Director (or well qualified Senior Planning and Development Consultant) to work closely with one of the Senior Directors on new major consultancy projects primarily, but not exclusively, public and private sector and private/public sector partnership generated.
These projects will require planning policy, development management and project management skills, underpinned by a sound commercial approach and judgement. Other experience in areas such as economic development and analysis, environmental assessment and consultation strategy is desirable, but not essential. Demonstrable experience in building and maintaining productive relationships with clients and other consultancy organisations will also be relevant.
Your new role
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with public and private sector clients. Establish credibility; influence, where appropriate, and provide excellent client service;
- Undertake planning and development project work as required, undertaking any initiatives identified and designated from time to time by the Senior Directors responsible for management of the Birmingham Office team;
- Provide professional and technical support to the Senior Director responsible for growing the company's public and private sector and public/private sector partnership portfolio across the Midlands, South and South-west of the country;
- Draft reports, technical papers, minutes of meetings etc;
- Prepare tender submissions, fee estimates and quotations;
- Ensure that client projects are managed effectively and efficiently, and in line with industry and company best practice;
- Assist in the maintenance of knowledge management and information systems in relation to tender processes and wider marketing initiatives, liaising with the Marketing Director and Public Sector Business Development Group, as appropriate;
- Build knowledge and experience in required practice areas through continuing professional development, internal, and external, to the company
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant experience from a leading planning and development consultancy in two or more of the following environments: public sector planning and development advisory; planning policy and development management of major urban development schemes; project management of multi-disciplinary consultancy teams; development consultancy; specialist advisory, including economic development and economic impact assessment;
- Strong academic results (minimum 2:1 at undergraduate degree level);
- MRTPI and/or RICS (Planning and Development) professional membership.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Associate Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly