Scenario Architecture is looking for a Project Director with 7+ years UK post Part III experience delivering high end private residential projects for end users, from inception to completion leading as a project architect.
We are a dynamic studio specialising in high-end private residential projects.
Our design methodology is uniquely collaborative, with the client as the focus of the design process.
We create bespoke, functional, sustainable and beautiful homes that are based on the methodical analysis and simulations of the unique way in which people wish to interact with the space around them.
Each project is allocated a team of three with each individual member specialising in one of the following key aspects – Design, Technical Design and Management.
As project director, the successful candidate will be the main point of contact for clients and their agent within our practice.
The role involves leading the projects team, collating and coordinating work from our experienced design & technical teams, but does not involve production of any design or technical drawings and information.
We are looking for an independent, highly motivated individual, with a strong and authoritative attitude, combined with a flexible and collaborative approach towards clients, consultants, and the team internally.
Primary duties will include:
- Lead and manage all projects & projects related client relations
- Liaise with and meet clients prior to appointment
- Assist in creation of fee proposals & appointment documents
- Lead, coordinate and mentor designers and technical designers
- Oversee and assist contract administration
- Source and assist clients with appointments of additional consultants
- Coordinate and monitor collaboration with all additional consultants
- Create project programmes & monitor all projects milestones and deadlines
- Set and monitor projects progress targets according to financial targets
- Coordinate & participate in recruitment procedures
- Lead and coordinate Design Reviews
- Maintain and update consultant’s database
- Develop and maintain project management templates and procedures
- Maintain and develop project file structure & monitor appropriate use
- Excellent communication and client relations skills.
- Outstanding organisational, time and people management skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, ability to liaise effectively with clients, external consultants and in-house team.
- Extensive knowledge and experience administrating JCT contracts (MW & IW)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of BIM concepts and workflows
- Details and up to date knowledge of UK planning policies and standards.
- Fluency with Microsoft office package (Microsoft project, power point) or other project planning and monitoring applications and presentation software.
Practice Structure & Characteristics:
- Boutique in scale and approach, ensuring a friendly, personal and high-quality service for our clients.
- Stable, long-standing and experienced full-time team. We operate without juniors, temporary or part time employees.
- Non-hierarchical. Team members collaborate seamlessly to achieve common objectives with high levels of team spirit and custodianship.
- Autonomy. Each team member has the freedom to act and take decisions independently within the jurisdiction of their role and the Scenario Vision with other team members, including the funding directors, supporting and advising only.
- Flexible approach to HR, with trust-based flexible working hours driven by allocated tasks & milestones. This is delivered by self-imposed priorities and disciplined time management by individuals.
- Strong brand identity. There is a unique workflow focussing on specialisation which is unique in the field of residential. The Management, Design and Technical roles are a symbiosis and we are excited to grow the practice in this manner.
All applications must include:
- Full and current CV
- Selective work sample (no large portfolios)
- Cover letter containing conclusive list and a short description of all projects completed to date as a job running project architect, and a short description of experience with BD.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Contact via email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Project Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly