Solicitor - Planning applications
Experienced Solicitor within local authority planning department experience
About the role
* To be responsible for the provision of legal advice and representation in respect of the following areas; planning and regional development, specifically in relation to the council's core strategy, S106 agreements, planning enforcement, permitted development and compulsory purchase orders including acting as advisor to the Council's planning committee and as advocate at public/planning enquiries and all courts together with representing the council at appeal and judicial review.
* To assist the Head of Legal and Commercial Services and Legal Services Team Manager on issues of corporate governance including ensuring compliance with the Council's constitution and relevant procedures.
* To build and maintain successful internal and external partnerships and relationships communicating effectively both inside and outside the Council.
* To support the Head of Legal and Commercial Services to ensure legality in the Council's decision making process and that the Council's committees, boards, groups and working parties have the appropriate level of legal advice and support.
* To produce and review reports and agenda items and to brief the relevant officers on the legalities of such reports. To implement any subsequent action from the same including the briefing of the Chairman/Portfolio Holders/members as required.
* To liaise with external solicitors, counsel, etc who are acting on the Council's behalf in respect of legal issues. This includes the drafting of instructions.
It will be inside IR35 so the higher rate will be Umbrella pay type.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.