- Full Time
Disrepair officer - 12m FTC + Permanent possibility - Public Sector - working from home options
Your new company
On behalf of our client, a public sector organisation in South London, Hays Property & Surveying are currently seeking 2 disrepair officers, to manage a heavy workload of disrepair cases.
This organisation is one the largest social landlord in the UK.
Your new role
The purpose of the role is to investigate and manage legal disrepair and arbitration cases, including inspecting properties and arranging repairs, producing reports and answering complaints to a high standard.
You'll be providing excellent customer service to tenants and leaseholders who are in the disrepair process, ensuring properties are maintained or returned to the standard and quality required by the organisation's policies.
You'll report to the Legal Disrepair Manager, and will have a key role in addressing the required improvement in managing Legal disrepair cases.
Some of your duties:
* Use technical expertise to specify and analyse repairs required to rectify defects, aiming to carry out cost effective repairs and maintenance driving down costs where necessary, monitor and check the repairs and maintenance work to ensure that they are completed to the required standard within agreed timescales and to the satisfaction of the tenants and relevant management staff.
* Ensure customer centred standards are maintained, including dealing with the public, solving problems and managing complaints. Respond to all correspondence and telephone calls from all stakeholders or other interested parties relating to the works/repairs, consulting with senior staff where necessary. Analyse cases within set timescales and assess the general condition of allocated responsibilities and planned preventative inspections and surveys.
* To attend single and joint inspections, pre and post inspections and other routine inspections, scheduling, agreeing and ordering works, and monitoring to completion, including agreeing variations.
* Maintain control of costs by specifying accurately and completely all the required work necessary for the rectification of a defect. Raise works orders correctly, in line with current procedures.
* Manage and monitor service and maintenance contracts to ensure compliance to Council requirements and an improved disrepair service, including taking action for poor performance under the contract.
* Keep all appropriate databases properly updated to ensure that full information on cases are properly recorded and monitored. Utilise wireless technology where directed.
* To represent the Council as required in court and arbitration proceedings.
* To produce management data on the status of disrepair cases and maintain all appropriate records, for example, for payments to contractors; and updating related databases, including stock records, disrepair logs, stock condition records, asbestos etc. Make recommendations for planned repair work that could prevent a reoccurrence of disrepair in similar situations.
What you'll need to succeed
* Service delivery experience which is focused on the customer and shaped by putting yourself in the customer's shoes
* Can do attitude and demonstrable ownership and responsibility
* Passion, drive and commitment
* Strong communication skills and ability to communicate in a range of formats
* Flexible attitude, always prepared to go the extra mile
What you'll get in return
* Possibility to work for a well-established organisation, with good career progression
* Possibility to become a permanent employee after the 12m
* Working from home options
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Disrepair Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly