Project Design Engineer - Structural Buildings
Project Design Engineer job in Newark. Salary is negotiable depending on your experience
Your new company
With experience across a range of sectors, this company is a leading force in the building industry and has the expertise and production capability to deliver high quality, cost effective, buildings that meet the current and future needs of their users. They have recently been awarded a number of high profile projects and are expecting more to land in the coming weeks. These projects range from £5m - £95m.
Your new role
Your primary role will be to develop the design, and produce detailed steelwork information on allocated schemes, to facilitate the efficient and timely enactment of projects through manufacture and completion on site with 'cradle to grave' oversight. Working primarily with the design manager to develop the design, you will also supervise any allocated CAD Technicians and supplementary design resource to achieve delivery of all required design information. Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Be responsible for developing the enquiry stage design through to a buildable and technically compliant scheme, ensuring submission of steel information for approvals through the client team (where appropriate).
- Design, detail and deliver steel fabrication drawings through the use of Revit
- Ensure the design meets the required Client specification, and complies fully with all relevant statutory and regulatory legislation.
- Attend relevant design team meetings as required to facilitate the development of the design, and liaise with relevant subcontractors to ensure third party design elements are fully coordinated with the design.
- Supervise the work of the allocated CAD Technicians, and other design resource, to ensure information is produced accurately and efficiently in line with the overall design programme.
- Coordinate the creation and issue of design information packages for release internally and externally as required.
- Ensure all project design activity is carried out in line with the requirements of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and ensure all supporting paperwork is produced.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be qualified to Degree or HND/HNC Level and you are competent in the use of Revit with the intention to learn MWF and Dynamo. Ideally you have experience or an understanding of cold formed rolling machines. You have experience working within a design role in a construction business and have experience or an understanding of the procurement process of hot and cold steel. You must be capable of supervising junior members of the design team, including the allocation and monitoring of project design workload and programme reporting. You can demonstrate good communication skills working with other engineers, procurement teams and the factory assembly team.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package. You will be joining a busy, forward-thinking business where your expertise will be welcomed and rewarded. The opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career will be extensive and support will be given to further training if required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.