Partnership & Contracts Manager
Interim job-Partnership & contracts manager-Public Sector-Housing Repairs- £negotiable daily rate
Your new company
On behalf of a well established Public Sector Organisation, Hays Property & Surveying are looking for an experienced Partnership and Contracts Manager that can join as soon as possible on an interim contract, which will likely become permanent.
Your new role
In the role, you'll be reporting to the Head of Asset Management, and will have the following members of staff reporting to you: Contract Administration Officer, Contract Officer, Contract Administration Co Ordinator.
The purpose of this role is to lead the strategic contract management of all contracts across the Property & Building Services directorate.
To establish, implement, and manage contract management and administration framework and governance processes and procedures across the directorate and support the procurement and tendering of contracts.
To lead the clienting, commissioning, and contract management of the subsidiary companies, and in house maintenance contractor.
To lead the development and management of external partnerships with developers, Service providers, external advisors, and consultants for the directorate.
Some of your duties will include, but won't be limited to:
- To be responsible for contract management governance and the implementation of a robust contract management and administration framework with supporting processes, procedures, and systems across the directorate.
- To undertake regular analysis of contract performance, working closely with the finance and procurement teams and identifying improvement activities.
- To be responsible for managing a range of databases and spreadsheets, ensuring accurate input and maintenance of information databases on a daily basis.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for this role you'll need:
* Experience of contract management and contract administration at a senior level in a property-related environment.
* Experience of clienting service providers and managing contract performance, including issue resolution and risk mitigation
* Experience of finance management from a client perspective.
* Experience of managing budgets and finance expenditure, with a good knowledge of accountancy within the housing sector, particularly repairs.
* Experience of and an understanding of public procurement.
* A team player and leader, who is solution-focused and able to oversee performance of a responsive repairs service.
* Focussed on achieving results and perseveres with problems until resolved.
* Effective negotiation and advocacy skills, working with a range of stakeholders.
* Flexible and adaptable to meet the changing demands of the service.
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
* Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own actions for sorting out issues or problems that arise and for delivering on commitments.
* An innovator, able to think creatively, solve complex problems, and apply new techniques and methods.
* Demonstrates high levels of energy and commitment.
* Takes responsibility for delivering outcomes and objectives.
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a well established public sector organisation and will benefit from a competitive daily rate, and the opportunity for the role to become permanent.
This is a challenging and exciting role, where no 2 days are the same!
You'll be able to influence a range of people and lead your own team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.