Opportunity for ambitious private residential planning architect:
We are a recently established and fast growing architectural practice; providing design & planning and construction matchmaking services to the private residential market in London.
Our service is unique in that it combines three key elements:
- A focussed, digital marketing strategy for identifying clients,
- A highly efficient approach to planning applications,
- A matchmaking service, which is increasingly technology focussed, linking our clients to a select portfolio of high quality building companies.
The business was set-up last year by the Principal, who has so far handled much of the work himself.
With the rapid expansion of the business and an ever increasing number of enquiries from potential clients, the Principal now wishes to recruit an experienced person to join him on this exciting journey. He believes this business can expand rapidly, so this a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious person to join the company “on the ground floor” and grow with it.
We’re looking to recruit a highly engaging and personable candidate to manage the design, planning approval and tendering process of residential projects, and work closely with the Principal on the expansion of the business.
The remuneration will include an attractive base salary as well as the opportunity to earn substantial bonuses.
- Keen to grow and share in the rewards of a profitable business
- Team player
- A sense of urgency
- Able to challenge constructively
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Enjoy delighting clients with excellent service
- Able to confidently and reassuringly handle many different clients through a stressful process
- Managing Client expectations regarding potential project costs, timescales and foreseeable issues
- Collaborating with the Client to produce exceptional spatial designs and arrangements which will also receive planning
- Experience collaborating with other professionals for the project - like structural engineers & party wall surveyors
- Use CAD software and project management software to deliver drawings and planning applications highly efficiently
- Manage the design and planning application process in collaboration with the Client and case officer until planning is approved
- Collaborating with the Client to produce a scope of works that captures their project design goals and aspirations
- Manage the tendering process in collaboration with the Client and contractors until a contractor is chosen
- Able to manage 5 new projects / month and take through to handover to contractor
- Work in the same office as the founder at a minimum of 3 days per week
- Work closely with the founder / director to solve issues which will begin to arise as the business grows
- Spot efficiency issues with the business model to improve productivity on a weekly basis
- Analyse results of Google etc. Marketing campaigns and offer insights on improvements
- Work alongside the founder to develop goals and KPI’s for the design, planning and tendering department of the business
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports on how the design, planning and tendering department of the business is performing in relation to our KPI’s and goals
- Organise and manage the next round of hiring employees
- Train and manage the next round of employees
Apply for Project Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly