Highways Inspector/Clerk of Works
3 days left
- Full Time
Highways Inspector job based in Leicestershire - Interim Job
Your new role
You will support the delivery of the responsibility and the function of the highways network by inspecting activities carried out on the highway in relation to regulations, statutory guidance and codes of practice, to ensure compliance and when necessary, take actions and apply penalties to enforce these controls. Your main duties will include:
- Maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers and colleagues within the team and across the service.
- Ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible.
- Support the Network Coordinator to manage enquiries, requests for information, negotiation and disputes
- Inspect, report on and take remedial action on any reported network issues, as instructed or notified by Network Coordinator or Technician.
- Arrange meetings with works promoters, or their contractors, to discuss planning or actions required by Network Management
- Support the coordination process through dialogue or meetings, on site if required, with a works promoter to discuss and agree any actions or controls for the works.
- Collect evidence to support the application of any action and associated sanction, as a result of inspections.
- Investigate, report and follow up remedial action on any damage to highway infrastructure caused by contractors during their work.
- Liaise with the Network Coordinator to apply the relevant notifications to works promoter for their required action.
- Undertake routine sample inspections (NRSWA Category A,B &C) of works carried out by utility (street works) and Highways (roadworks).
- Monitor works promoter compliance with NRSWA (Sections 59, 65, 67, 71, 72, 74 and 81) and initiate any action when instance of non-compliance is found.
What you'll need to succeed
You hold an NVQ 4 or equivalent, e.g. BTEC Higher in Civil Engineering and you have a Highways Inspector accreditation or equivalent. Your other qualifications will include NRSWA Act 1990 Supervisor, IOSH, NEBOSH or equivalent H&S qualification. You have experience of working within the highways maintenance or civil engineering sectors and of communicating with a range of audiences, including presentation and telephone skills. You can demonstrate good skills in interpreting and writing technical and non-technical reports and providing technical advice or drawings. Your engagement with customers, including attending and producing materials for meetings and exhibitions will be essential.
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a busy team on a long term interim basis. You will take on a varied workload where no day will be the same. You will have the opportunity to work to your full potential and gain more experience and knowledge.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Highways Inspector/Clerk of Works
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly