Head of Housing Maintenance
Head of Housing Maintenance | Permanent | Croydon | Up to £40,000
Head of Housing Maintenance
Salary: £38,000 to £40,000 per annum
Immediate interviews available
Are you a Head of Housing Maintenance looking for a new role? Do you have a surveying background? If so this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Your new company
We are working closely with a Charitable Housing organisation who provide homes for tenants with learning disabilities. The organisation operate across the South of England. The company are focused and looking to expand their area of operations.
Your new role
- Reporting to the Director of Housing, as the Head of Housing Maintenance you will be providing a customer focused, property repairs and maintenance service.
- You will ensure compliance with all legislation and regulations through effective leadership of the maintenance teams.
- Ensuring that tenant's housing and environmental requirements are identified and met by providing technical advice and by working closely with both the tenants, support providers and other relevant professionals.
- You will support management of the front-line maintenance teams including recruitment, identification of training needs, monitoring of performance and staff appraisals/supervisions.
- Ensuring all properties are inspected biannually as a minimum, that assess standards of property repairs, gardening, redecoration, and general upkeep.
- Regularly review and monitor the performance of appointed contractors, as well as procuring new contractors to meet the needs of their maintenance service.
- The role will require you to work specifications for external contractors, obtaining quotations and instructing and assessing their work ensuring it is carried out to an acceptable standard.
- Preparing detailed work schedules for repairs required to properties at the end of lease periods, and to ensure that all works are scheduled, and properties repaired .
- To develop and manage the Planned Preventative Maintenance programme for cyclical maintenance always ensuring value for money.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have a surveying background.
- You will be able to demonstrate a sound technical knowledge of the building maintenance and construction industry.
- A track record of building and managing successful teams and delivering high levels of service and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Experience of managing a responsive repairs service with a focus on "right first time" approach.
- Suitable qualification in Maintenance or Building Surveying.
- A desirable would also be NEBOSH or IOSH qualified.
- Full UK driving license.
What you'll get in return
- In return you will be offered a salary between £38,000 to £40,000 per annum.
- 25 Days holiday plus Bank holiday days
- Competitive pension scheme
- Permanent position
- Immediate start
- Mileage compensation
- Excellent company benefits
- Work with a great team and company culture
What you need to do now
- If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Irvine now on 07749 045550.
- If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.